Guest Service Executive - Front Office
An opportunity has arisen for a Guest Service Executive (Receptionist) to join our Front Office Department in Zabeel House by Jumeirah The Greens. The main purpose of the role is to anticipate and meet guests’ needs and requests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction; to recognizes all repeat and important guests and to establish and develop personal guest contact, promote feedback and be consistently proactive in anticipating guest needs and requirements.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Give a warm welcome to guests on arrival and register them as well as issuing room keys in the appropriate welcome booklet.
- Take payment from guests on arrival and close their bills correctly.
- Prepare amenities for arrivals and guest in house in the absence of Guest Services Team Leader.
- Provide personalised check in to all VIP guests.
- Update and maintain all guests’ profiles history files accurately.
- Be efficient in assisting guests throughout their stay with any requirements.
- Enrolling guest to Jumeirah One Loyalty Membership Program.
- Sell rooms to walk-in guests at the maximum rate possible.
- Ensure that the Reception desk is manned, operationally prepared and stocked at all times.
- Maintain the privacy of all guests by ensuring that no details of the guests are disclosed to anybody following the security procedures.
- Display high product knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel.
- Report for duty on time and wearing the correct uniform.
- Overlooking the Reception Email Inbox and the efficient and timely communication of the same.
- Act as Concierge, assisting in giving advice, helping to make restaurant reservations, arrange transportation, etc.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree equivalent Hotel related education.
- Previous Hotel Experience (through studies or work experience) in a hotel.
- Computer Knowledge, i.e. basic experience with windows, internet explorer and word.
- Previous Experience in Fidelio/Opera and HotSos is a plus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in Engish.
- Additional Language would be of advantage: Arabic, Russian, Mandarin or European language.
- Able to communicate effectively and to respond well (switched on) to questions and requests.
- Able to work in a team, i.e. caring about other team members and open towards other nationalities.
- Acts with emotional intelligence during the guest interation to anticipate and fulfil the guests needs.
About the Benefits
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include; accommodation, flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.